Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beans, Brews and Freedom. . .

Finally got my hotel booked for Boston. I'm going to be at the Courtyard by Marriott, it's a block from Boston Common in the theater district. The building is a restored hotel built in the twenties. I "named my own price" on Priceline and saved  $60 a night. It is always a little stressful booking that way because you don't really know what you're going to get. but I'm pretty happy with the hotel and the location.

My itinerary is falling into place as well. I'm going to spend one day in the east part of the city. That's the home of Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston Common, Chinatown and, of course, The Boston Brewing Company. I'm gonna do half a day in the West side, there I can check out Fenway Paaak. The rest of that day I'm going to head to Cambridge to see if a can bring a little intelligent conversation to the otherwise simpleminded culture. I'm planning to devote the better part of a day to the Freedom Trail as well. I really enjoy history and am excited to really take my time on the trail.


Hopefully, if all goes to plan, this time next week I'll have my planes finalized for NYC. Only a month to go, I got to get my stuff in order! Until next time. . .


P.S.
 Shout out to Aunt Annie and the Dothan Crew. Had a great time even though Florida lost. Other than that could have not hoped for a better weekend. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. We all enjoyed having you here! Of course the BIG WIN against the Florida Gators did make it way more FUN! We had a BLAST Mr.M.J. FOX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that was me..Aunt Annie
    I couldn't figure out how to post a comment and this way was the only way it worked...Love you

    ReplyDelete